Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Was I Thinking?


On the left:  "Rise and Shine"
On the right:  "Practical Plum"

"Practical Plum" is my usual color.
Goes well with just about anything.
Plus, the name suits me...
Nothing much exciting about "practical."

"Rise and Shine" was Gloria's choice last week at Tarjay.
It was only 99 cents.
Let's just say...you get what you pay for.

I allowed "Rise and Shine" to take the place of "Practical Plum" over the weekend.
On my toes.
Wore it to church on Sunday morning,
a party on Sunday afternoon,
and to school on Monday.

It was...

really bad.
Nope.
Worse than really bad.
It was downright horrid.

And I knew it.
I just didn't have the time to fix it!
But after Monday's incident...
I rushed right home to take care of my poor little toes!

Here's Monday's "incident" (remember, I teach 2nd grade.)

As I called table groups to the carpet, two of my boys plopped themselves right at my feet.
Boy One's eyes got really big.
Boy One turned to Boy Two, tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to my toes.
Boy Two's eyes POPPED and his jaw hit the floor.
Boy Two looks at Boy One and both of them are whispering and pointing and giggling.
Until they catch me watching them.
"Is it bad?"  I asked.
Solemn nods from both boys.
"It's not me, is it?" I asked.
Solemn shaking of the heads followed.
Boy One says, "I think your old color was better on you."
Boy Two says, "What were you thinking?"
I promised to change it before school on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning:
Boy One stops me as I walk across the room..."just checking"
and gives an audible sigh of relief.
I was at the door by the time Boy Two arrived.
Boy Two stopped, looked down, and exclaims, "OH, Ms. B!  That is SO MUCH BETTER!  That is definitely you!  That other color was just B-A-D, BAD!"

2 comments:

Kait said...

That is hilarious!

Kristi said...

that is so awesome - ha...I love little guys