Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Conversational Snippets

Sunday morning, at 6 a.m. (central time)
Gloria got up and was trying to open the curtain in our hotel room so she had enough light to read.

M:  Gloria, it's too early.  It's only 6:00.
G:  But it's 7:00 at home!

(The rule at our house is that she cannot get out of bed before 7:00 in the morning if it is not a school day.  In her mind, the actual time on the clock didn't matter, just the time at home!)


______________________

Monday afternoon, as I was on the way home from school, my cell phone rang.

M:  Hello?
G:  Mommy!!!
M:  Hi!!
G:  It's me.  Gloria.  Your daughter.
M:  I know!  You're the only one who calls me "Mommy."
G:  (giggling) Yeah, I guess you're right.  I AM your only child, you know.

(She was calling to ask permission to check out the third Harry Potter book from the library.  I've held her back from reading the entire series because they get darker as they go.  But she had flown through the second one in just two days this weekend.  I was glad she asked permission instead of just telling me "Maggie let me."  So I said yes.)



No comments: