Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

Remember when jumping in the car and driving 600+ miles was no big deal?
You just packed a bag, tossed it in the car, and off you went?
When you only stopped once or twice the ENTIRE trip?
Favorite cassette tapes CDs blaring from the speakers while you sang along, even if a tad bit off key and you were making up some of the words?

Yeah, those days are a distant memory for me.

Packing the car requires an engineering degree.
Stops are numerous because nobody needs to stop at the same time--Momma, G, or the car.
Favorite DVDs blare from the backseat.  (Just how many episodes of "Little House on the Prairie" must one endure before requesting a DVD change???)

And I don't know about you, but these long drives make my body ache like I'm a hundred and one years old.  What's up with that?!?

But, 600+ miles later, 8 stops, 5 episodes of "Little House" and 2 Tinkerbell DVD's and many iPod touch games later...we are home.

Gloria was glad to see Screamer.  Screamer is right now licking my feet while Gloria is upstairs getting ready for bed.  I know...say it with me now...EWWWWWW!  But he won't stop, no matter what I do and it's making me crazy!  Hannah Cat is just eyeing our every move with great suspicion and bushing up her tail every time she makes eye contact with us.

Still, it's good to be home.

No comments: