Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Thoughts on "Bridesmaids"

Today was the last day of school for teachers.  To celebrate, I went to see a movie this afternoon.  I don't get to do that very often.  In fact, I don't remember the last "grown up" movie I saw in the theater.  I usually have to wait until they are out on DVD...by which time I have forgotten which ones I really wanted to see.  

My movie of choice this afternoon was "Bridesmaids."  I had heard that it was a funny movie, but had not read anything about it.  So, I got my ticket and my own bag of popcorn and was ready to enjoy a fun movie.  Well...The storyline was cute, but the foul language throughout the movie really got to me.  I mean, is it truly necessary to make constant use of the f-word?!?  It really was excessive.  So much so that had I rented it on DVD, I probably would have turned it off half way through.  Am I just getting too old and fuddy-duddyish???

Oh well...you win some and you lose some.  At least the popcorn was good!  :)

No comments: