Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Be a Part of Their Story

I became "Momma" to my sweet Gloria through adoption.  Adoption is a life-changing event.  I knew that.   What I didn't plan on or expect was the number of friends I would meet along the way.  Some of these friends are near by, some are far away, and some I have never met in person but we all share in prayer, support, encouragement, and inspiration, all while experiencing the challenges and the joys that life brings to each of us.  Karen is one of those far away friends.

Karen and her husband, Doug, have adopted two precious little girls from China.  Now they are pursuing their third adoption, this one being very different from either of the other two experiences.  You can read about Ai Liu on Karen's blog.

They have stepped out in faith to bring this little girl home where she can receive the love and care as well as the medical attention she so desperately needs and deserves.  And they are asking for help this time.

I hope you will read Karen's words and consider how you might "Be a Part of the Story" of bringing Ai Liu home.

1 comment:

The Lovely One said...

As another adoptive mom, I know how important it is to get all the prayers you can get! Off to read their story now...