Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Can't Remember!

We watched the movie Akeelah and the Bee the other night.  (In fact, Gloria is watching it again for the third time right now before we toss it in the afternoon mail.)  What a great movie!

While I thought the message Miss G might take from the movie was something along the lines of "set your mind on a goal, work hard, and you will go to new and exciting places."  But I was wrong.  So wrong.

As I put her to bed Sunday night after the movie, she started crying sobbing.  It took a little bit of questioning from me to get to the bottom of what had her so upset.  It came from the movie, which surprised me.  What could have upset her like that from the movie?

She was thinking about how Akeelah's father died when Akeelah was six years old.  "So she can remember her father because you can remember things from when you were six years old."  But that led Gloria to think about how she doesn't remember her birthmother because "you can't remember things from when you were a little tiny baby and I want to remember her."

No comments: