Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Late Night Thesis Writing

Apparently I've been staying up too late working on my thesis.

Or so I've been told by a certain 8 year old who doesn't like waking up "around 1:00 or something" and realizing I'm still downstairs.

Honestly?  It's just easier to concentrate after she goes to bed.  No piano practice (she's teaching herself to play), no CDs playing, no one hour of television, no imaginary playing school, no endless trips to the freezer for ice cubes to suck on (WHY won't she just pour herself a glass of water?!?!?), no requests for snacks or lunch or swimming or "just something FUN please!"

It's just quiet...and I can concentrate...most of the time...until this happens



Why does she only want to sit in my lap when I'm trying to work?!?  It's really hard to write and/or type with a cat's head resting in the crook of my elbow!

2 comments:

Kait said...

My cat only wants to be on a lap if someone has a computer or book in their hands. Any time we actually want to snuggle, he's gone. Silly cats.

Marti said...

This picture is priceless! So, funny!