Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Rest of Our Day

After being so rudely awakened (see previous post!), I really never went back to sleep.  That was bad news because I had stayed up until about 1:00 working on my thesis.  (6 more pages...yay!  Only about 4 hours of sleep...boo!)

So, we were out of the house pretty early to handle life.

Quick stop at the ATM, 
off to the farmer's market for flowers, tomatoes, and peaches,
 home to drop off our farmer's market purchases, 
grocery shopping, 
home to put groceries away and have lunch, 
a little house cleaning...

At which point, I was getting cranky.
A caffeinated brown soda would have helped immensely, but I gave those up about 6 weeks ago.
(I had one yesterday while dressed like a cow.  It was wonderful, but I'm not going back on the daily habit!)
Tired, cranky, and the beginning of a headache never make a good combination.
Add to that "What can I do, Momma?" with all my suggestions being turned down...
I could see things going down hill
F.A.S.T.

So I did what all good moms do--
I pitched a...

tent.
Right in the middle of the living room.
Yep.
Here it is...


And my child was thrilled.
Happy as a pig in mud.
(Are pigs in mud really happy???)

She spent the rest of the afternoon in there.

I had to knock on the tent if I needed her.  See her note?


She settled in with dolls and cats and pillows and books and flashlights and water bottles and...
actually, I'm not sure what else is in there.   Four hours is a lot of time to move things into a tent!




What's not to smile about?

She was going to sleep in there tonight, but worked herself into a panic about it since I was not planning to sleep
a.) IN the tent
or
b.) on the sofa.

Nope, I'm sleeping
c.) in my own bed.

I know...mean Momma...I know.
But I need good sleep.
And sofa sleep or floor sleep isn't good sleep.

Which happens to be upstairs.
And downstairs is scary by yourself.
Even if you are sound asleep, because "What if I wake up?"

So now she is upstairs in her bed and upset with her self for spoiling her own plans.


Sunday Snapshot

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

To sleep well in a tent all you need to do is take a slightly large dose of Nyquil? Though that stuff gives me a terrible medicine head for the following 24 hours. So,.......what's worse?

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like so much fun : ) I love it. I will totally have to set one up in our living room this week!

Cedar said...

Tents...in the house...with my own bed...That is my kind of camping! What a creative way to keep her entertained!

Cory said...

That looks like alot of fun for a kid. :) Even if she didn't want to sleep in it alone, it is still fun to pretend in. Good job mama. Your blog is great.

Brooke said...

What a fun way to play! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to have "met" you! :)

anything but LoKEY said...

Hilarious! I am going to have to try this with the girls. Although, I might need to give each their own tent otherwise pain might ensue. ;)

Ginny said...

So fun. We love camping out in the living room.

Karen said...

Love it - what a fabulous idea..might have to just go buy a tent!