Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Flowers

While we were in Memphis recently, Gloria had a case of "I'm bored-itis."  So, in an attempt to keep that a bay during the last little bit of time before dinner I told her to take my camera, go outside, and take pictures of her favorite flowers in Maggie and Hada's yard.  

This evening, we sat down and played with them a little bit on iPhoto (after deleting the blurry ones or the ones that made me wonder what exactly she was trying to photograph).  She wanted me to share her favorite three with you.

So...here they are...







This last one was just us being silly.  It's not of flowers, and the contrast is pretty stark.  Someone *cough, cough*  needs to get out in the sunshine more.  Ahem....


And while I have you here for another moment, I wanted to an opportunity with you.  My sister-in-law is living with Lyme disease.  (You can read her story here.)  I am an independent consultant with Usborne Books and More.  Together, we are hosting an Usborne e-show right now and 100% of my commission will go towards helping with her medical bills as well as benefitting the North Texas Lyme Support Group that she helped get started.  Usborne has an outstanding collection of books for children of all ages, reading ability, and interests.  Won't you take a look and perhaps find a book or two for the children in your life?  You can click here to access her e-show on my Usborne site.  (You can also register to win the monthly drawing for $50 in free books!)


Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful pictures. So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law.

Stacie said...

I enjoyed the flowers.... hopped over Ni Hao yall.

Annie said...

Really pretty pics and I loved the one in the latest post of the flag! So sorry to hear about your sister in law.

Marti said...

Thanks, Merrill, for thinking of me. Every little bit helps!