Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Choir Camp

You know it's the end of summer when choir camp rolls around.

Choir camp was this past week.  Which means I officially go back to work next week.  Which means school starts the following week.

Farewell summer.

Miss G. enjoyed her week at choir camp.  I had intended to help out much more than I did, but "life" got in the way.  You know how that goes...preparing to teach a social studies workshop, packing my classroom, actually teaching the social studies workshop for two days, and then meeting with G's new third grade teacher.

But my little musician was happy to be at choir camp.  It amazes me how much they get done in a week.  They learn lots of music and perform an evensong service followed by a concert on Friday afternoon.  The town choir (which my Glo-bug is in) learned and performed four songs--one was in German, one was a tongue twister, one was a Russian folksong, and one was "normal."  ;)  They did a great job!

Warning...these are iPhone pictures.  I can't seem to remember to take my camera anywhere these days!

I love the look of concentration on her face in this first picture.


Eyes on her conductor...

After the concert, with her friends...

I love the red doors to our church...

Deep in conversation...I really love how the older girls (middle school aged) look out for and care about my sweet girl!


Not from choir camp...just typical of our day.  Both cats really thought they needed that cheese stick, even though Hannah Cat hates people food!

And Screamer made his move!  (Because he LOVES people food!)



Sunday Snapshot

3 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

She is so adorable. I keep trying to pretend that summer is not coming to an end...it doesn't work though. I am glad she had a fun time. I love your cats!

Martha said...

handbells...I used to play those for a long time...sweet memories...

5ennie said...

I love handbells!!
Here from Sunday Snapshot.