Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Conquering the List!

Ha-ha!  Take that, LIST!  You've been conquered!

I woke up this morning with a mental list of things that had to be done today.  Nothing big or earth shattering.  Just stuff, ya' know?

But then it started to rain.  It rained and rained and rained.  Then it rained some more.  And just for good measure, there was some thunder and lightning thrown in, along with some flash flood warnings.  I think we got about 6 or 7 inches of rain.  I didn't think it was ever going to stop.  And that, dear readers, was going to seriously impede my ability to handle "the list."

But finally, it stopped raining, the sun came out, and the birds began to sing.  And I?  I sprang into action.  We got the car loaded up with Gloria's spend-the-night stuff, library books, a box that needed mailing, and some Usborne books that needed to be delivered and we were off!  We were in a serious race against time at that point, due to meeting friends for dinner at an appointed hour.

And....I am thrilled that we conquered the list!  Isn't a great feeling of accomplishment when you do that?

In two hours, we:

  • mailed a box of books back to the seminary
  • increased the amount taken out of my paycheck for my summer cash account at the bank
  • returned a boat load of library books
  • got Gloria registered for day camp during the last week of summer vacation since I have to go back to work before she goes back to school
  • got the inside of the car vacuumed out (have you looked under/behind that car seat in the back seat of your car lately???  Scary stuff, I'm here to tell you!  How does it get that way??!!??  Seriously, ICK!)
  • met friends for dinner, which also meant delivering that large order of Usborne books from her book party a few weeks ago
And the best part?  After dinner, Gloria went home with our friends for a sleepover.  

So, not only did I conquer the list.
I get a night to myself tonight!

Win, win, win!

2 comments:

KERRY said...

You should see under my couch cushions sometimes!! How does that happen?
Glad you conquered your list...I need to take a leaf out of your book :)
Enjoy your night!

Jennifer said...

I am jealous! I had a mental list of things I wanted to get done... things that didn't necessarily have to be done. I did not get everything done... just the really important stuff got done. :) Maybe tomorrow.