I woke up this morning with a mental list of things that had to be done today. Nothing big or earth shattering. Just stuff, ya' know?
But then it started to rain. It rained and rained and rained. Then it rained some more. And just for good measure, there was some thunder and lightning thrown in, along with some flash flood warnings. I think we got about 6 or 7 inches of rain. I didn't think it was ever going to stop. And that, dear readers, was going to seriously impede my ability to handle "the list."
But finally, it stopped raining,
And....I am thrilled that we conquered the list! Isn't a great feeling of accomplishment when you do that?
In two hours, we:
- mailed a box of books back to the seminary
- increased the amount taken out of my paycheck for my summer cash account at the bank
- returned a boat load of library books
- got Gloria registered for day camp during the last week of summer vacation since I have to go back to work before she goes back to school
- got the inside of the car vacuumed out (have you looked under/behind that car seat in the back seat of your car lately??? Scary stuff, I'm here to tell you! How does it get that way??!!?? Seriously, ICK!)
- met friends for dinner, which also meant delivering that large order of Usborne books from her book party a few weeks ago
And the best part? After dinner, Gloria went home with our friends for a sleepover.
So, not only did I conquer the list.
I get a night to myself tonight!
Win, win, win!