Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Power of Words

Remember when we were little?
Remember chanting?

Sticks and stones can break my bones,
But words will never hurt me


I'm not so sure about that
because words?
They can hurt.
They can hurt deeply.

And it broke this momma's hurt to see my baby hurting yesterday because of words.
"I'm not your friend any more!"
Those are some powerful words...
Words that cut to the core when you are in elementary school.
Words that go deep.
Words that devastate.
Words that are usually spoken more for the effect than for the true meaning.
Words that can break a heart.
Words that made my sweet girl sob uncontrollably all the way home.
Words that sparked a conversation about forgiveness.
Words that are not easily forgotten.

Gosh it's hard to be eight and have to experience the power of words.

I sure wish that old chant was true!

2 comments:

KERRY said...

Oh I totally agree. As much as we try to tell them not to worry about it, they're so young so of course they do worry. It's difficult being a kid at times, and as mum's we know what is around the corner the older they get. Some kids can be so cruel :(

Sonishka said...

I know. I sometimes think that words can hurt more than actions because u hear them in your head over and over.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog! Have a nice day.