Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Means Friday is Coming!

It's Thursday night.

It's Thursday night of the first full week of school.

That means teachers across my county are t-i-r-e-d.  Last week was just a teaser, a way to ease back into the regular Monday thru Friday routine with just two days of school.  This week is the true wake-up call that summer is over.

But tomorrow is Friday.
And it's a long weekend, thank you Labor Day.

Hopefully we will go to our small town's parade on Saturday and then the annual Labor Day Weekend festival at some point this weekend.  We do this every year.  We happened to drive by the festival area the other day and all the rides were beginning to be set up.  Someone was *really* excited!  (Not Momma!  I hate those rides!)

Hopefully it won't rain and spoil our plans--we have a 60% chance on Sunday and Monday right now.

Hopefully I will get the third of four sections of my thesis knocked out.  It's theology, though, so it's gonna be rough and tough.

Hopefully I will be able to finish the at-home project I offered to work on for Gloria's class.  I've got to cover their newly decorated writer's notebooks with clear contact paper.  I used to do that with my fourth graders, so I have a system down.  This should be easier though, since there are only 11 children in her class and therefore only 11 notebooks to cover.  I used to have to cover 25 or more.  11 will be a walk in the park compared to that!

Hopefully Screamer will let us sleep past 4:15 in the morning.  Darn cat--he starts messing around in my room, chewing on the drawer pull on my dresser and batting at the bottom of said dresser.  As soon as I get up, he runs and hides because he knows he is going to be in "kitty time out" until a more reasonable hour.

Whoa...suddenly my "long" weekend doesn't look quite so long!

Happy weekend, everyone!  What are you doing for the long weekend???


No comments: