Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Decorating

I know...these are not the promised pictures from our Legoland adventure!  This was just a really long kind of week and I just couldn't find the desire for blogging.  Hopefully I will get those up in the next few days!

We don't usually do too much Christmas decorating, especially with the resident Bad Cat.  There is always a wreath on the front door and some garland and white lights on the banister.  And the Advent wreath is on the dining room table.  (There are teeth marks in my candles already!)  But, I have visions of arriving home each afternoon to discover my Christmas tree lying on the floor with ornaments scattered from one end of the house to the other.  The same is true of my collection of nativity scenes.  In fact, I don't think I've gotten them out in the past two years because I know what Bad Cat will do with all of those little pieces.

But today?  Today I was feeling brave.  Or maybe just trying to shake the down-and-out kind of funk I've been in this week.  So we dug out some of the decorations.  So far, so good for Bad Cat.  But he hasn't been left alone with all of the temptations yet!

Mom and Dad got me this one in Alaska a few years ago.
Love the moose and the polar bear!
And Baby Jesus is in a dog sled!

This one is carved from stone.
(I can't remember its country of origin or how I acquired it.)

From Guatemala.
I got this when my mom and I went down there for Thanksgiving in 2003 to visit Gloria.
I love the bright colors.
(This one also led to the horrible crazy glue event this evening...three fingers glued to the glue tube and two other fingers glued together...I really wasn't sure I could unglue myself!  
And the third donkey's leg is still broken!)

I love the stained glass and silver of this one.
The cow, the donkey, and the sheep are adorable.

Another one from Guatemala.
This one stays out year round.
Bad Cat knocks them down at least once a week, yet somehow they have survived his antics.
My mom got this one for me, too.

My first one I got as an adult.
It came from the mountains of North Carolina.
I love the simplicity of this one.

Gloria suggested that we put our little Christmas tree up for a few days without any ornaments on it and see what happens.  If all goes well, she says, then we should put some non-breakable ornaments on it and see what happens again.  I dunno...I'm not so sure I trust this guy...



Sunday Snapshot

3 comments:

Venus Layugan said...

lovely decorations! love the third photo :)

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/365315-316.html

Martha said...

I have a collection of nativity scenes too. I didn't get them all out this year though...That kitty looks mischievous that's for sure. I hope he will stay out of your decor!

One Happy Mama said...

Love those! And your cat! Oh.My.Word., what a 'tude! LOL Nancy