Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Blessings

I was going to post some pictures of our relaxed day at home, playing games and having tea parties.  But then we went to Gloria's choir rehearsal tonight.

I wrote about the group of moms last spring.  And really, they are more than friends.  They are family.  One of these Monday nights, we will solve all the problems of the world, I'm sure of it!  But tonight, they helped me and I was overwhelmed and humbled by their actions.

You see, this month has been super tough financially.  It's a long month since I get paid on the last working day of each month: the last working day of December was December 19th and the last working day of January is January 31st.  I usually manage a regular month down to the last few dollars, but six weeks...combined with a broken refrigerator and a few other un-budgeted expenses made this January particularly hard.  They knew that.  And tonight, they blessed us with three bags of groceries--fresh fruits and veggies, gluten free bread and pasta, pizza makings, beans and rice, things I can put in our lunch boxes, and even a few sweet treats.

Gloria's reaction was so sweet.  It was like Christmas morning as she helped me unpack the bags when we got home.  She was so excited about the zucchini that she pulled out of the bag..."Momma!  Will you make zucchini sticks tomorrow night?!?"  Guess what I'm making for dinner tomorrow.  ;)

I still don't know what to say.  "Thank you" just doesn't seem adequate enough.  Kristine, Paulette, and Cheryl, AKA "The Main Moms"...you guys are our angels and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

And a few pictures from our day...


 

I won Connect Four, but she skunked me TWICE at Trouble!

Then a tea party...

With an extra guest...

3 comments:

KERRY said...

This act of kindness from your friends is absolutely awesome and there should be more people like this around!!

Brenna said...

Wow! Those are some amazing friends. What a blessing to receive those groceries. I know how that feels.

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

friends are awesome