Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cold Wet Yuck

That's what I thought of this morning when we headed out into the dark early hours.  It's actually a line from a book about Henry and Mudge.  Only Henry and Mudge get to stay home and build a castle out of boxes in their basement with the help of Mom and Dad.  Us?  We had to go to school.

It was a good day...for a duck!

I'm thinking it's time for me to invest in a pair of rain boots.  What's the right word?  Galoshes?  I don't know.  I don't think I've had a pair since maybe kindergarten.  My feet got soaked when I went across the bus lot to the North 40, learning cottages, trailers to meet with my second grade groups.  It's a great walk on a sunny day.  On a day like today?  Not so much.

I was so glad to come home and put on my warm fleecy red socks.  They are much, much better than cold, wet shoes!  :)

 


What made you happy today?

1 comment:

Sennie said...

We love Henry & Mudge books! Check out crocs - they have all kinds of cool new styles that would keep you feet dry. For Maine I also bought a pair of rubber boots that are good for negative temps too. Can't remember the name now, though..