Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Conversations

Monday morning on the way to school:


Me:  Eight glorious months of no football!
G:  Eight horrible months of no football!

Someone please tell me how this happened to me!  I mean really...

Tuesday during a kindergarten reading group:


We read a book with lots of rhyming words and they were having so much fun playing with words and making more rhyming words.  The word family was "-ake."  Harmless, yes?  Make, take, cake, rake, fake, Jake, lake, snake...

Then I was getting them to use the words in sentences and talk about each word.  We got to "fake."

Me:  How about "fake?"
Student:  (in the sweetest little innocent voice) Some ladies have fake boobies.
Boy students:  laughing and rolling on the floor
Me:  And fake fingernails!  How about "rake?"

I love kindergarteners!

1 comment:

Miss Jess said...

Thanks for commenting on my post from today... I absolutely love that saying too. A constant reminder I need to see daily. I'm so thankful that it blessed you tonight as well.