Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

Going back in time!

The girls (Gloria and my two nieces) wanted to make gingerbread houses after Christmas.  And of course Maggie (to Gloria) Mema (to the other two) obliged.  I think they used an entire box of graham crackers, not to mention every decorative candy to be found at my mom's house!  Well, maybe they ate more than they actually used.  And I might admit to swiping a few graham crackers myself.  Plus, she made cream cheese icing for them to use!  Yum!  (Which only encouraged my graham cracker swiping...and I might have even added a few chocolate chips to it at one point...)

Deep in thought..."How am I going to make this thing stand up?"

More intense concentration.  "Come on wall...stand UP!"

I may or may not have suggested building gingerbread teepees after more than one wall collapse took place.  To say they scoffed at my idea would be putting it mildly!

SUCCESS!


 Three happy house-builders.

And the finished products.

But that was just the beginning of our after-Christmas fun!  Stay tuned for more!

No comments: