Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Perspective

I really can't wait until January is over.  Six more days...

Is there a fast-forward button on the calendar?

It's been a hard month, in so many ways.  And on Sunday, I really thought I had reached my breaking point.  In fact, I think I had a mini temper tantrum.

Over garbage bags.

Yep...
Garbage bags.
Missing garbage bags, almost a brand new box of them!
They must have fallen off the shelf and into the garbage can.
Only I didn't realize it until several hours after tossing the garbage into the dumpster as we left our neighborhood on the way to church on Sunday morning.

Yeah, I was pretty ticked off about it.
Ask Gloria...she'll tell you.

And after that discovery, I still had to clean bathrooms (I despise cleaning bathrooms), do the laundry, mop the kitchen floor, and change the litter boxes.

I was N-O-T a happy  momma.
Not at all.
Not even one teensy little bit.

Until...
until it hit me, while scraping scrubbing how many weeks worth of hair spray off of my bathroom floor...

At least I have a bathroom to clean, and the rest of our little home for that matter.
At least I have a warm, safe place to live in and call home and I can curl up under a blanket and read when the weather is less than desirable.
At least I have clothes (too many, probably) to wear and then wash when ever I want to.
At least I have a kitchen that needs to be mopped and cleaned up--it means I have food for us to cook and eat.

All of that made me settle down a little bit and get the jobs done.
I may not have done it with a smile on my face, but it did make me pause and be thankful.

But I'm still ready for January to be over and done with!

1 comment:

Kait said...

I have to remind myself sometimes as I'm doing the fifth load of laundry for the day or unloading the dishwasher for the third time that I prayed for this. I asked God to bless me with a house filled with kids. I still get frustrated with it but at least I can smile and take my minute to be thankful.