Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Science Fair

We spent all day today at the local university for the regional STEM Fair.  

To say Gloria was a nervous wreck this morning would be an understatement.  She had discovered that I could not be present during the judges' interviews.  She would be alone with her project and I had to wait in the auditorium.

Warning:  grainy iPhone pictures ahead.  My camera was at home...

I can tell she is nervous.  Her eyes are smiling.  Plus, she's got her shoulders all hunched up.

Waiting to be dismissed for the interviews.

Interviews are over!

Much more relaxed.

There were about 150 projects in the elementary division.  It was really interesting to see them all.  Of course, they all start to run together after seeing that many.  And the high school projects?  Totally over my head!  Oh my goodness!

It was a long day.  And the awards ceremony dragged on and on.  And ON!  Gloria didn't win an award, but she was still happy because just being there meant that she was already a winner.

But then, she's always a winner in my book!

And right now, that little winner is upstairs dreaming about her birthday tomorrow (Sunday).  She's turning 9!


Sunday Snapshot

3 comments:

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

In my day we didn't have to be interviewed about our projects, so when I heard that is what is expected now, my girl almost freaked until her teacher said she could opt out of that part and just do it for a grade. She decided on just getting a grade. LOL

funks said...

Happy Birthday!

anything but LoKEY said...

I tell ya, that Gloria is such a cutie! Happy Birthday girlie from south AL! :)