Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Sweet, Sweet Girl

I love my daughter.
I love her spirit and her heart.
I love her kindness and her generosity.

And all of that came through last night.

She informed me at shower time that she wanted to talk after she was ready for bed.

Bedtime came and she got kind of emotional.
I wondered what was going on...did the reality of Momma's engagement hit her?

I guess it did, in a way.
Here is what she had to say...

I am really happy that you are getting married.  And I really want to help with the wedding.  I want to give you my money --it's less than $20--but I want to give it to you to help with the wedding.  I know it's not much, but I know that every penny counts.


Oh. My. Goodness.
Be still my heart!

And then she added...

And Momma?  I don't want you to give me my allowance again until after you get married so you can use that money for the wedding too.



4 comments:

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

awwwwww! sweet precious girl!

Miss Jess said...

What a gem... she is precious and so incredibly thoughtful and kind. You are so blessed. :)

susieqlaw said...

What a sweet girl!

susieqlaw said...

What a sweet girl with a beautiful heart!