Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Watch, Like, and Share

I know, I know...

It's been a few weeks since my last post.

There's lots of stuff swirling around in my head, most of it pertaining to planning a wedding.  Imagine that...

I'll get to that, maybe this weekend.

But first I need to share this with you.

A few months ago, I blogged about my friend and colleague, Nicki, and the return of her cancer.  And I'm here to do that again.

Nicki is a fourth grade teacher, and she loves her students.  I have had the great pleasure of working in her classroom this year during literacy, and I can tell you that she is a wonderful, caring teacher.  The kind of teacher we all wish our own children could have every year.  She is also a wife and mother to two small boys.  Our school has really rallied around Nicki and her family, and we are continually looking for ways to support her as she goes through treatment.  A group of teachers recently filmed a video that has been posted on You Tube.  If you watch it, would you please click on the "like" button?  Or maybe even share it with a few friends?  The more we can spread the word, the more we can do to help Nicki as well as raise awareness about cervical cancer.  There are treatments, but there is not a cure. (Note:  you will have to scroll to the bottom of my blog page to stop the music so that you can hear the "Rad Race Baby" video.)


Nicki and Jenn (the "rapper" in the video) were interviewed by one of the local news stations last week.  That interview can be watched by clicking here.  The video of the interview is at the very top, with a written article to follow.

So, go watch, like, and share!

Help us raise awareness!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you <3