Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let's Go to the Beach (Also Known as "What About Dinner?")

Late Friday afternoon I knew we needed something fun to do over the weekend.  Not a movie or going to the park or going out to lunch.  Something fun and completely out of our normal, ordinary days.  It only took me a few quick moments to decide that we I needed a day at the beach.  So the following texting exchange took place between Brian and myself.  (I'm blue, he's grey.)


Clearly I took him by surprise.  I giggled when I got the "Huh?" response.  I laughed out loud, and still continue to laugh, about "What about dinner?"  I mean really...I ask if he wants to go to the beach and he asks about dinner?

I finally got a "Yes" out of him and went into packing mode.

Oh, and told Gloria what we were doing too.

By the time Brian got home, we were all pretty excited.
There might have been some running around like chickens with head cut off...

But I'm not telling you about that.  ;)

Dinner eaten...
Bathing suits packed...
Sand toys and towels in the car...
Two hours after my first text and we were on the road, silly grins across our faces...

We were going to the beach!

We spent the night in a hotel in North Charleston, just 20 minutes from the beach.  Saturday morning arrived and we were greeted by the sun and this smiling face...

Her note reads "Let's go to the beach"

So off we went.

The beach...

First view

We had a yellow flag all day.  And the water was rough.
Fortunately, there was not a purple flag flying!


The only picture taken of me all day.  (WHEW!!)  But I was quite happy to have my toes in the sand!


There was digging...

Just how deep is this hole, anyway?

Knee deep!

 And building...



There were treasures to be collected...

And floats to be blown up...


Look at that beautiful blue sky...the parasailing people were fun to watch too...

Plenty of birds, eager to snatch a dropped chip or bite of lunch...

Some of us had to choose our fantasy racing team...

And enjoy a bag of Cheetos...

We lasted until about 5:30.  After hours of sun and sand and ocean waves and laughing and spending time together, it was time to pack up and head home...

We all agreed that it was a perfect day.

And yes...we had dinner.  ;)

1 comment:

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

Beach is fun especially when you head there on the spur of the moment.