Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sleeping Sunday Snapshot


We were on our first vacation for five...Momma and G with Brian and M & M.

And I have lots...and LOTS...and L-O-T-S of pictures to go through and play with and share.

But for now, this is my favorite picture from the week.

Background story:
I got really sick with some nasty stomach bug one night and had to stay home in bed the next day while Brian ventured out with all three girls on his own.  Judging from the pictures they texted me and the stories I heard that night at the dinner table, they had a wonderful time.  Quite honestly, they did something that they wouldn't have otherwise done...visited an old gold mine.  Underground.  I think they said something like 7 stories underground.  No thank you.  Not for me.  So you see...it was a good thing that I was sick and down for the count that day.

But I think somebody was a little tired when they returned home that afternoon.

I snapped this picture with my phone.  The original picture wasn't great--grainy and bad glare in the background.  But I played with it on Instagram since that was all I had available to me at the moment and now it's my favorite picture from the week.


Ni Hao Yall


Can't wait to play with the rest of my pictures!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

7 stories underground? No thank you. :) Great picture!

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

I am not much for underground tight places either even though I have been to one of those places as a kid. NOT anymore, I am with you NO thanks! BUT it so worked out for them to have an adventure

Kristi said...

I love the journalistic quality of this photo. Love it!

And there is no way I would have gone 7 stories underground.