Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Vacation for Five, In Which There was Illness and Gold

Day three of our vacation for five dawned with lots of rain, with the threat of more rain throughout the day.  Another day of no swimming or water play.  

On top of that, I was sick...
Stay in the bed kind of sick...

So Brian was on his own with three girls who needed to get out and do something.  

After considering some options, a destination was chosen...


The cooler was once again packed with sandwiches, drinks, and snacks, and they set off on another adventure...this time at a gold mine.  While I was sorry not to be able to go off and play with them, it all turned out well.  I would not have wanted to go down into the gold mines.  And that would probably not have been the destination if I was with them.

Now, I wasn't there, so I can't tell you too much about the pictures other than what I was told...

Which makes this second or third hand information...don't hold me to any high standards of accuracy!


Panning for gold before the tour of the mines

Everyone found a few flakes of gold!

Outside the entrance to the mine





Going underground into the mine



Lunch afterwards...I'm pretty sure that wasn't what they packed in the cooler!
I missed them while they were gone, but I'm glad they got to go exploring and see the gold mine.

Plus, I couldn't tell you the last time I had that much quiet time alone!

No comments: