Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 1, 2012

Photo from Brian's Uncle Roger


Saturday, December 1, 2012

The day we had been planning for months had finally arrived.

I had been sure that our southern city would experience the first ever blizzard on that day...
just because I was getting married.

But no such weather phenomenon occurred.
The day was sunny and bright, the temperature showing about 58 degrees.
Perfect.
Simply perfect.

And that was how the rest of the day was...
Simply perfect.

Both of my sisters-in-law came over in the morning:
Jamie to do everyone's hair and Martha to document the preparations with her camera.

While that was going on, Brian was putting everything in his car:


Three blue dresses plus one wedding dress, along with several bags of shoes, make-up, and I don't know what else filled the back of his car.

We ended up running late.
It takes a while to do hair for five, but Jamie did a great job!
Brian and Maggie left for the church while the rest of us finished up at our house.
I followed with Gloria, Molly, and Martha a little bit later.

Nothing like being late and rushing to the church on your own wedding day!

Once we were at the church, we all finished getting ready and dressed.

There were so many great pictures that Martha took while we were getting ready.  
I can't wait to get those printed.  
And we are anxiously waiting the pictures our photographer took.

Here are our altar flowers, repurposed as the centerpieces at our reception.
(Fortunately, the historic hotel where we had our reception was only a block away from our church, so our flower designer/decorator raced the flowers from the church to the hotel when the wedding was over.)  I was thrilled with our flowers:  bouquets, boutonnieres, headpieces for the girls, arrangements for the altar.  Todd did a great job!

When we got to the reception, I couldn't wait to see our cake.
It had been designed just for us over the summer, and to see it as more than a pencil sketch...it took my breath away.  It was, as I said at the beginning, simply perfect.



A few pictures from the reception:

I can actually see family resemblance with my brother in this picture.


Mingling with our family and friends.


First dance...


My sweet, beautiful girl
From Brian's Uncle Roger

The wedding party
Also from Brian's Uncle Roger

As I look through the pictures that Martha took, I see such joy and happiness.
A wonderful beginning of the rest of our lives.

I have been so overwhelmed by the love shown to us by friends and family during this time in our lives.  It has meant so much.  This is a big transition for all of us, but the beginning was perfect, simply perfect.

And now...the title of my blog doesn't work any more.
We are no longer "Momma and G and the Cat Makes Three...Then Came One More and Now There are Four..."
Now there are three more people and a dog.
Any thoughts from anyone?

Also, I now have a "real" camera instead of my little point-and-shoot or my phone.
I have been trying to learn how to take pictures, so once I figure out how to get those pictures out of my camera and on to my computer, I can share what else we've been up to the past few weeks.


Ni Hao Yall

4 comments:

R and S said...

What a great joy and honor to be part of your wedding!
Love to all of you, Uncle Roger and Aunt Stephanie

susieqlaw said...

Congratulations. Your wedding pictures are so beautiful.

Martha @ Berrybliz said...

I love the wedding post. Sweet joyful photos.

Living Out His Love said...

Oh my goodness, BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family! What a wonderful celebration filled with LOVE. And you were a stunning bride!