Thanks for stopping by! We were a family of three, until we added one more (cat, that is), making us a family of four. In 2012, we added four more...one husband, two girls, and a dog. We have a full plate as a party of eight!

Adoption, blended families, pets, school, running...it's all here. Pull up a chair and read a while. After you do, please leave a little comment love! It makes me happy...and y'all know...if Momma is happy, then everyone is happy...at least at our house!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bye Bye Braces!

Today was a big day in the life of the resident teen-ager.

She got her braces off!

Here is a "then and now" to show the progression of the change in her teeth...

About two weeks before she got her braces.
Notice the "fangs."

The day she got her braces put on.
November, 2014

This morning, in the elevator on the way up to the orthodontist's office.
Rubber bands, braces, and straight teeth.

And...VOILA!!!

Momma made a goody bag full of many of the forbidden treats of the last 20 months...

"Yes!  Twizzlers!"

"I LOVE Tootsie Rolls!"
(And after eating one..."I forgot how long it takes to chew one of these!)

"Real caramel I can CHEW!?!"  
"I don't have to stick to the caramel sauce when we get frozen yougurt!!!"

"You got me REAL bubble gum too?!?  Yes, yes, yes!"

"Starburst and Skittles too!
This is the BEST.  Day.  Ever!"

 And then lunch at her favorite restaurant for her favorite meal.

I've got a pretty happy teen-ager on my hands right now.
And that makes for a pretty happy Momma right now.

No comments: