I was reading over a post from the end of April...what we had accomplished and what was left to do. Thought I'd update anyone who was curious...
What Have We Accomplished?
- wedding date: four months from today!
- NEW reception location and caterer: The caterer we had was nuts and we weren't getting what we needed or wanted from her. So we found a new venue for our reception since we couldn't use another caterer at the original location. We are so excited about where it will be!
- my dress
- dresses for three girls
- A photographer (who I am really excited about) is booked.
- A cake has been designed! That was a fun evening this past weekend. And we left with a sketch of OUR cake!
- Invitations are purchased and ready to print. (We opted for a D-I-Y invitation.)
- Address list for invitations is almost finished
- DJ for the reception is booked.
Still to Do?
- Decorations for the reception
- The menu for the reception: The caterer uses locally grown ingredients, so we won't do this until closer to December 1st.
- Print, address, and mail the invitations
- Service music (but we have an appointment scheduled with the organist this month)
What am I forgetting???
The funny thing is that everyone says it is so hard to plan a wedding. Many friends told me that planning a wedding in nine months couldn't be done, but this hasn't really been that hard or stressful.
Well, except for the crazy caterer that we cancelled on. ;)
Other than that, it's been pretty smooth and I've been pretty calm...I think...I'm sure Brian will tell me if that's not a true assessment!