10. You take a "time out" from planning to go to a football game! Even if it is so cold you can't feel your fingers and toes underneath the layers of warm clothes! What fun we had watching Vandy win at Wake Forest last Saturday.
9. While at the above mentioned football game, you learn that your rehearsal dinner you thought was planned is suddenly non-existent.
8. You spend two days, less than a week before the wedding, trying to find a place to have a rehearsal dinner. You ask everyone you know, and even some people you don't. And finding a place that can host 35 people, at the last minute, the same weekend that the ACC championship game is in town while other folks are already having holiday parties, and stay within your budget feels like you have just won a championship of some sort! (And your principal is the one who suggests the location that ultimately becomes the venue.)
7. Boxes arrive periodically at the front door, courtesy of UPS or FedEx. The boxes usually contain gifts, unless you live at my house...
6. You can go from giddy with excitement to overcome with stress in less time than it takes to sneeze.
5. The above mentioned stress can be eased with chocolate.
4. You realize you need a shirt that buttons instead of one that pulls over your head so that you don't destroy your wedding day hair-do.
3. You have blue toenails to go with the color scheme of your wedding...because blue fingernails would not look very nice in pictures! ;)
2. You serve dinner to your parents and your soon to be in-laws on Thursday night so they can meet each other for the first time before the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner/wedding all takes place. If you ever wonder what to serve...homemade lasagna, salad, and rolls with a chocolate mousse pie for dessert is perfect.
1. This is what it looks like at the top of the stairs at your house...